Two large ceramic walls by Jean Dubuffet and Pierre Alechinsky and Erik Nyholm's ceramic sculpture "14 blue stones" greet the visitor in the courtyard. The Jorn donation contains works by Max Ernst, Picabia, Le Corbusier, Léger, and his Danish contemporaries: Ejler Bille, Bjerke Petersen, Carl-Henning Pedersen, Egill Jacobsen and Heerup. Among the artists from the COBRA-group are Alechinsky, Appel, Constant, Corneille, and Wolvecamp and from the 1950s and 1960s there are works by Baj, Dubuffet, Gallizio, Lam, Matta, Michaux, Saura, Ting, Wemaëre and Gruppe Spur.The collection
The museum's collection opens with groups of works by five Danish artists from around 1900 and the following decades. Developments in the second half of the 20th century are exemplified by a selection of artists from West and East Europe. Among the Danish artists represented from this period are Sonja Ferlov, Hjorth Nielsen, Per Kirkeby, Richard Mortensen and Richard Winther. Temporary exhibitions are also arranged.
Here are shown representative examples from the museum's permanent collection.Buildings and facilities
The museum building was designed by Niels Frithiof Truelsen in 1979-1982 and enlarged in 1997-1998. It consists of four studio units connected with adjoining exhibition galleries. In the new wing, a long central gallery of classical shape is surrounded by smaller rooms designed for changing presentations of drawings and prints from the museum's collection. From the entrance hall there is access to the temporary and permanent exhibitions. the children's section, the café and a slide lecture room.
- - verberg extra tekst